Lewis

Countryfile Live

Is anyone coming to BBC Countryfile Live at Blenheim Palace this weekend?

I’m here with Omlet and Poultry Club of Great Britain doing talks in The Farmyard Arena.

If you’re around there’s a 10% off promo code and a bit more off if you order here at the show ;)

EC2E5A89-ACB6-4991-A5BF-95EB324EBA45.jpeg

CA689F85-4AF3-48FC-9112-2BA61F1A81F1.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Patricia W said:

The local paper is saying they are looking to move from Blenheim because exhibitors have complained about the venue.  Great consternation locally! 

Newbury Showground would be the obvious place but possibly stepping on the toes of the Newbury Show towards the end of September!?

Didn't hear any wind of that while we were there. There were a few problems with water and hand washing facilities but they got those sorted.

A new event company took on management this year and I wasn't overly impressed with them as they forgot the small details that made it special, but no problems with the showground :) The whole event is on again this weekend oop North at Castle Howard.

This story all came from our local papers, the Oxford Mail and Times.  I think we’ll just wait and see.  From what you say, Lewis, it maybe a change of Management Company is called for.   I don’t know if the same company is doing other Blenheim events but there have been complaints about other events there, like the Christmas and New Year ones. 

Edited by Patricia W

55 minutes ago, Patricia W said:

This story all came from our local papers, the Oxford Mail and Times.  I think we’ll just wait and see.  From what you say, Lewis, it maybe a change of Management Company is called for.   I don’t know if the same company is doing other Blenheim events but there have been complaints about other events there, like the Christmas and New Year ones. 

Now you mention it... wasn't there some issue about that proms-type even that they run?

Blenheim are saying they’ll replace it with a longer event.  Presumably hoping to spread visitors over a longer period and so no longer a huge influx on a few days.  Good luck to them.  

If you are local or relatively local like me, do you know about the free right of way into the grounds?  You can’t gain access to the house, but the grounds are wonderful.  Well worth using. 

OK, so the 'side entrance' was set up by the estate to allow free access to the residents and families of Woodstock, but many more know of it; it makes use of one of the many footpaths which cut across the estate... known as 'the green gate'.

There's a link online here or just park in town and walk up towards the Black Prince pub and it is just before that on the left...... a double green gate, which goes into a private drive, but is in fact part of a footpath. This gives you access to the general grounds, but not the formal gardens or palace. I used to spend hours walking around the estate with Rosie in a pram when she was small.

Capture.JPG

23 hours ago, The Dogmother said:

Yes, I use that gate sometimes, problem is that they usually have sheep grazing though, so I can't let the dogs off.

We really MUST get round to meeting up!

Yes!  We must!  I wonder it’s a different gate, DM.  This one leads straight into the area round the lake.  No sheep in sight.   Lots of people though.  We’re off to Spain in a few days, back late September so we must do it then.  Before winter sets in....