Egluntyne

Strictly 2019

Am I the only person in the UK who is NOT the slightest bit interested in Strictly ??? All the hype around so-called celebrities - its the same (to me) every year !

To me, it's like many shows - first time out, vaguely interesting (even Big Brother was novel the first time around) , but year after year, it just gets repetitive.

And I tend to avoid any programme with celebrity in the name (I Know, Strictly doesn't but...)

Is it just me ???

3 hours ago, Leicester_H said:

Am I the only person in the UK who is NOT the slightest bit interested in Strictly ??? All the hype around so-called celebrities - its the same (to me) every year !

To me, it's like many shows - first time out, vaguely interesting (even Big Brother was novel the first time around) , but year after year, it just gets repetitive.

And I tend to avoid any programme with celebrity in the name (I Know, Strictly doesn't but...)

Is it just me ???

It's the only programme of its kind that I watch. I don't mind admitting that I love it. However, I would rather gouge my own eyeballs out with a teaspoon than watch Love Island, X Factor, Britain's Got Talent, I'm a Celebrity,Get Me Out Of Here, or anything of that ilk. 

• Like 1

It's something of a relief to finally reveal/admit that I have never watched an episode of Strictly, BGT, Love Island, TOWIE, Big Brother or Game of Thrones. The cult of ''celebrity'' sends me scatty - some people seem to be famous only for being famous and not actually DOING anything to merit the status (thinking lack of any kind of talent, here!)

I have never watched Love Island, Big Brother, tried GOT but after 2 episodes couldn’t get into it, which is a shame as a lot is filmed here in N Ireland. It helped me understand why there were so many husky dogs as pets though ( they feature in show ) Britain’s got talent, the kids enjoy. X factor I liked in the beginning but haven’t watched for years. I think I like Strictly because I would love to be able to dance. 

On 8/6/2019 at 10:09 AM, Leicester_H said:

Is it just me ???

I've stopped watching live TV altogether because of all these talent show type programs. I find everything I need elsewhere or play on PS4 in the evenings. 

I do like Motsi, although it is a bit weird her judging her own sister Oti. She is quite strict though, so not only Craig is giving out the low numbers this time.

The only celeb I did know was James Cracknall, but only from his documentary of their trip through the Sahara. And having seen that, I did figure he wouldn’t stick around for very long.

On 8/8/2019 at 7:08 AM, Egluntyne said:

Anneka Rice, Dev Griffin, Jamie Laing, Alex Scott, Michelle Visage, Will Bayley are also in.

The only name I recognise is Anneka Rice. 

I’m with you E! It’s the only one I can be bothered with but as the years go on, the fewer I recognise! Bring back Len! 🔟

Very posh on the forum nowadays I see! All changed! 

3 hours ago, clootie said:

19? That’s not far away from 10 😂 ❤️❤️❤️

😂

Just loving Motsi - I think she really adds to the show and wasn't her halloween make and hair fabulous!   You can also tell that Shirley  is feeling much more relaxed in her role -  much as I loved Darcey, Shirley and Motsi gel much better with each other! 😀

Edited by SeramaSilly
Thought of more!