Luvachicken

Christmas swap 2019

I've just been watching a Kirsty Allsop Christmas Make thing and they had a competition with 4 toymakers. One made a bear, another a nutcracker, yet another a hobby horse and the last one made a crochet reindeer ...... all in 4 hours. The crochet reminded me of Cat Tails amazing creations and, lo, she was the winner :dance:! Really pleased as it was particularly lovely. The maker used what was described as an 'in the round' technique apparently Japanese - can't recall the exact name of it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, soapdragon said:

I've just been watching a Kirsty Allsop Christmas Make thing and they had a competition with 4 toymakers. One made a bear, another a nutcracker, yet another a hobby horse and the last one made a crochet reindeer ...... all in 4 hours. The crochet reminded me of Cat Tails amazing creations and, lo, she was the winner :dance:! Really pleased as it was particularly lovely. The maker used what was described as an 'in the round' technique apparently Japanese - can't recall the exact name of it.

Yes Amigurumi! Although making a whole reindeer in 4 hours without a pattern? She must be an amazing crocheter, as that would be impossible for me!

I bought a couple of books to try it but I never did. They are very cute. I must try to find them. I can't do arigurumi but I can write it in hiragana! 🤡 😂 

ありぐるみ thanks to a very useful keyboard setting and the fact that Japanese has a limited alphabet. Each symbol is as follows aあ riり guぐ ruる mi み。There, simples ! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Patricia W said:

Just decided to catch up with an episode I missed.  There are loads!  I’m sure I’ve not seen that many. I could be here till next Christmas at this rate........

That's why I mentioned they were on before 😊.

Loads of ideas on there to try. 

I love her program but there are not always things that you can make at home. I'm sure there used to be loads when it originally started.

As per instructions I opened my gift yesterday and I understand why now. He's absolutely lovely and he's in pride of place already. I've taken a photo but I won't post it until everyone else is opening their gifts so that the pictures are all together. Thank you very much for my gift secret person. 🎅 🌟 🎄 

• Like 1

He looks lovely and such a festive addition to the smallest room.

I'm glad you let us see him sooner rather than later.

9 hours ago, Plum said:

We need to put pics all together in a gallery at the end.  Anyone got the skills? :)

I'm thinking Cat tails might know :wink:

I've posted my parcel :dance:

Just piggy backing off OH's phone again - what a lovely little Santa.  ❤️

Just a quickie to say mine was posted.

Hopefully our phone line and internet (and TV but we don't miss that) will be reinstated soon, but I doubt it.  It's a right old pallaver and at least 2 villages have been cut off too!  

TTFN 

Mine posted today - albeit second class as we have time and I'm in economy mode prior to Christmas! Should still be there by the end of the week! Am more than happy for mine to be opened as and when but not sure if there is an 'opening code' given that squidging, squashing and shaking is not always advisable - not with mine anyway!

1 hour ago, soapdragon said:

Am more than happy for mine to be opened as and when but not sure if there is an 'opening code'

We all usually wait until Christmas Day, unless I have been sent a message to say so that anyone can have theirs early, as in the case of patsylabrador's.

I think a lot of parcels have been sent now, just need to tick them off.