Valkyrie

While the cat's away . . .

The mice will go out and get more chickens!:lol:

I was concerned about Curly being on her own while Fudge was broody yet again - she kept wanting to go into the big girls and we all know what Inga the demon chicken loves to do to her!  Plus if anything happened to one of them, then I'd be back to one on her own - and I've had enough chasing around to find friends for the lonely birds! 

From the same breeder, we have Sherbet the blue frizzle,  Bessie Basset the black and white mottled pekin, Peppermint Patty the light Sussex, and Fizz the Faverolle.  Fizz is a fraud and here she is having been pronounced fit and healthy by the vet.  We had a nice week with them outside in the eglu while the others were very interested.  Inga thought yay more tasty morsels for me.  But seeing the weather forecast I popped them all in together (not what I'd have liked but they would be better off inside than out) and Curly was very much "that's mine, so is that!" but today all was much better.  They've been together since last Saturday night - the rain came on the Sunday and then some.  I'm glad they all cuddled together in the awful weather.  

OH went to Florida with our daughter and her boyfriend.  Soooo I played.  I also had my mum over for a while and I took her out visiting which just coincided with quilt shops being available!  :whistle:

20190915_152435.jpg

20190915_152428.jpg

20190925_183650.jpg

• Like 2

Love them all - Fizz is probably the prettiest bird I've ever had though, with her little beard and black eyes in the white.  She instantly snuggled into me when the lady handed her over to me.  She got poo on me too, but the cuddle was the best!  Bessie is going to be the bossy one and challenges Fudge - who is twice her size, and I thought Fudge looked small compared to my old pekins. Peppermint Patty does her own thing and the poor little frizz just cheeps in one direction and then runs over to someone else and cheeps there - which is so sweet.  At first I couldn't tell who was cheeping because they'd be in one mass of feathers!

I love Onion too - she's going to tower over Fizz!

5 hours ago, SeramaSilly said:

Really tempted by faverolles - is Fizz a bantam? x

Yes she is, and very chatty too.  And here is the very first egg she laid on the first day!  Smaller than a Cadbury's Creme Egg!:lol:

20190915_165355.jpg

LOL!  I know that feeling of winding down.  But here I have the space and I hated just seeing poor Squirt on her own.  Even more hated that I lost two little birdies that were supposed to be company for her - goodness knows what happened there.  It was a disastrous time for chooks that winter - but the pekins were OK apart from Choccy buttons that suddenly decided to catch me out by being egg bound.  No signs of trying to lay, until she barged the big girls out of the way to go in their nest box.  So in between bathing her, getting some epsom salts from the chemist and returning home, she'd gone.  The remaining babies seemed fine and so I needed some friends for them.  I think Silver Appleyards are next on my list - I lurve the duckies.  

6 hours ago, Plum said:

And with a face only a mother could love - Sprout

20191002_121900.thumb.jpg.29d828033338e3d749dc282bbcf2e54b.jpg

A Baby as well

I think Sprout it beautiful and another great name! x

3 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

I love Onion too - she's going to tower over Fizz!

Yes she is, and very chatty too.  And here is the very first egg she laid on the first day!  Smaller than a Cadbury's Creme Egg!:lol:

20190915_165355.jpg

That looks about the size of one of my seramas' eggs! x

On 10/2/2019 at 4:15 PM, Grandmashazzie said:

Lovely girls and I love the names. Not a good thread to read, has made me broody,and after just vowing when I get down to 5 from 9 ,mostly free loaders,I am never getting more .

Grandmashazzie, I too am winding down.  Down to three bantams.   Decided not to expand back up.  But seeing those pictures, Valkyrie, is tempting me... 

On 10/1/2019 at 8:59 PM, Valkyrie said:

The mice will go out and get more chickens!:lol:

I was concerned about Curly being on her own while Fudge was broody yet again - she kept wanting to go into the big girls and we all know what Inga the demon chicken loves to do to her!  Plus if anything happened to one of them, then I'd be back to one on her own - and I've had enough chasing around to find friends for the lonely birds! 

From the same breeder, we have Sherbet the blue frizzle,  Bessie Basset the black and white mottled pekin, Peppermint Patty the light Sussex, and Fizz the Faverolle.  Fizz is a fraud and here she is having been pronounced fit and healthy by the vet.  We had a nice week with them outside in the eglu while the others were very interested.  Inga thought yay more tasty morsels for me.  But seeing the weather forecast I popped them all in together (not what I'd have liked but they would be better off inside than out) and Curly was very much "that's mine, so is that!" but today all was much better.  They've been together since last Saturday night - the rain came on the Sunday and then some.  I'm glad they all cuddled together in the awful weather.  

OH went to Florida with our daughter and her boyfriend.  Soooo I played.  I also had my mum over for a while and I took her out visiting which just coincided with quilt shops being available!  :whistle:

20190915_152435.jpg

20190915_152428.jpg

20190925_183650.jpg

Coooo eeeeeeeeee! 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻🥰😂

• Like 1

Cloooooootiiiiieeee!

How are you!  Lovely to hear from you. Hope the project is coming on nicely - doing a little of the same here - surveyor coming tomorrow to measure up for the planning department!  Neeeeedz a barn . . . for alpacas!  Maybe sheep, definitely birds! 

Er, we ended up in Devon, loving it all!  

Yes - it took a bit of getting used to, although I still prefer the old one - the postings just go on and on and on - on one page with adverts in the middle.  I think we lost a lot of bods with the change and the sections all merged (or lost).

I still keep in touch with Cookie, but mostly via Whatsapp - been teasing her this evening heh heh heh! She still needs bubble wrap! Otherwise bods are still on FB or Whatsapp - the usual nutters!  Nice to have you back! 

• Like 1