Valkyrie

While the cat's away . . .

57 minutes ago, clootie said:

Heyy! 👋 I‘m chookless though. Have been for years and still miss them! Great to see some “old” friends still here! 🥰 Hope you’re well! 

We've been chookless for ages too but I just couldn't give up The Forum - really love popping on every few days and catching up; such a lovely bunch of people :dance:

Oh, and I nearly forgot, THE SWAPS :clap::lol:.................................................talking of which, Clootie, fancy joining this Christmas one ;)

Edited by soapdragon

2 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

How is Mouse and the other pupster - sorry, can't remember the name.

That would be Eric who is now 13 years old, blind in one eye, deaf as a post but still sprightly! The Mouse is just the same, full of love and affection. Makes me laugh every day 🥰

1 minute ago, The Dogmother said:

Hey Cloots - lovely to see you :)

K - say hello to Cooks from me too :)

Good to see you’re still one of the “old timers” too! Missed the forum actually, had some very funny times on here! 

Didn't we just - I think that daft thread just brought us all together - loonies united!  🐕🐕  Verily these are awful emoticons! :roll: Ahhh Eric - of course!  Bless his little cotton socks - both of them, I remember when you first had Mouse and all the tummy problems!❤️

39 minutes ago, Plum said:

Hi Clootie nice to see your chomping cheeks again.   I never could understand half of what was said on crazy thread.  Koojie still has that effect on me. 😁

Ahhhh Plumster, those were the days. Koojie is one of those special folks.... and I mean that in the nicest possible way! 🤣

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

NONONONONO!  Why am I reading both those posts with visions of myself in a straight jacket?!!!!🤡 Bad emoji - go away clown!😜

Oh by the way Cloots - sad news though, Docsquid passed away last year just before her 60th birthday.  We are a man down!😥

Oh nooooo. I’m sorry to hear that. Sad news indeed. 😞

On a plus note - the surveyor has been, measured pretty much all over, dodging the rain.  He said the crest of the hill drops down away from the village so it wouldn't be too imposing.  Well the chicken run stands out like a sore thumb, but then so does the greenhouse!  LOL!  

Another plus, finally the sandpit arrived for the duckies - a huge blue daisy edged thing - which has now been filled with water and the ducks approve.  It is the same as their mum's pool, so hoping they will finally feel at home, although the whistling and tail wagging makes me think yayyy.  Daisy splashes in the water while I'm standing next to her is a plus - not so scared of me now - although the extra drenching in the rain I could do without!:lol:

Yes - much sooner than was intended because the sudden change of weather to severe made me think - hmmm, they'll be soaked!  So it was a bit of a rush - but glad I did in one way - they are drier and for the most part protected.  I fixed up more protection as much as I could so that the wet would be channeled to the sides and Curly would have company seeing Fudge was still broody.  And finally, last night I saw 5 heads round a dish, so Curly has accepted the newbies and no longer chases them.  Saw Peppermint Patty and Fizz having a chest barge, but I think in most part playing as they were running round flapping all over the place and just met in the middle!:lol:

The down side is they probably caught each other's viruses, but they are mostly able to cope like Fizz the Fraud, so just Fudge in her diminished state.  But she was eating a little and drinking last night, the cough eased and she's been eating and drinking this morning too.  I think she likes sunbathing in the window - well chilled out birdy, thought she was dead a few times!  But up her head popped and out came the wing and the leg for a better position.

When I get a chance, I'm removing all the bark chippings and aubiose - even though the newbies had a lot of new stuff in their section - can't hurt to get rid of anything lurking.  I have buckets of ground sanitiser but according to DM it should be done weekly, and not done it as regularly.  The big girls are still separate - caught Frida in with the little ones while I was cleaning out the other day - was allerted to the sound of pecked birdies!  So she was shooed out and shut out - she wanted to lay an egg but I decided she could cross her legs a bit longer seeing as she had time to pester the smallies.  Can't trust the evil twins for one second.  Will be phasing the larger birds out and just have the bantams.  I might later on sometime get some breeding Croad Langshans, they do have a bantam version, but thinking meat chickens.  

Someone has advertised South Downs sheep - so cute, but I like the Devon Longwools too.  I don't think Murray is up to that yet.

Yes they do look dead when sunbathing 😂  it's so much easier when they are together and as long as it's chasing and just chest bumping it's fine if they can escape.  Fudge sounds better quick.  Mind you Onion picked up after less than 24hrs on Tylan.  It seems like a little miracle.  Doing the dying duck snotbag to cheeky bouncer.  Poor Frida I've got an image of her cross legged.

My lot have been together in garden but only in run when I'm there.  Fleur still thinks she's going to be top hen so chases them all but no harm, I worry about the stress even though no harm so tiddlers go back in their bit and I'll put them together when antibiotics finished.

What ground sanitizer I use Stalosan once in a blue moon or if run gets wet. It looks toxic if they eat it.

20191005_115950.thumb.jpg.fea2f4d6d9ddc84e69f99f29fa66a8cb.jpg

20191009_131514.jpg

Edited by Plum

Hi Valkyrie - definitely go for sheeps - they're brilliant!  Our 3 not so little thugs are lovely (I will be sad to part with them but a parting we will be once they're big enough - particularly the lad with horns!). DM will be inspecting ours again this weekend - I'm sure she'll confirm how lovely they are.  They're pretty to look at and they mow the grass (and they taste good as well :shh:).

• Haha 1