Patricia W

What on Earth is...

They had a summer version of this too right? I think it’s supposed to make the coop smell better... You could also just consider cleaning it... :roll:

Methinks someone in the 'new products dept' might have too much time on their hands :lol:. What next, I ask myself? Mealworm scented candles? Rugs for runs? Scatter cushions for the nesting box? Lava lamps to illuminate the grubs and glugs for midnight snacking? Oooooh, stop me, someone!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Cat tails said:

They had a summer version of this too right? I think it’s supposed to make the coop smell better... You could also just consider cleaning it... :roll:

It's not just you either - I was sent some bags of these to try and review in the summer; one was for scattering in the nest box to 'make it smell nice', t'other was for them to peck at, so had to be scattered in the run. I couldn't spot any improvement/benefit in my birds from using it, so can only assume that it's one of those products to make the human owners feel better! :roll:

Rather reminds me of the ‘flavoured ‘ meal worms the other year. Cranberry, orange etc.  How were you supposed to verify this?  Taste them??? 

Edited by Patricia W

I sprinkle lavender in the pooh trays and nest box, it helps keep the flies away and I remember reading in a chicken husbandry book that it deters rats,  just to add I wouldn't go and buy it, we just have a lot and I like to put it to good use.

• Thanks 1

The Coop Pot Pourri is in the sale so I assume it's not been selling well?! Why is that, I wonder 😆!

• Haha 1