I bought an autodoor in April, it failed in August and I was sent a new control unit. It now appears to have failed again. I’m really not impressed as this was an expensive piece of kit and it’s now failed twice in less than a year. Has anyone else had a similar problem?  It tells me the door is blocked and wants to keep opening and shutting constantly, which was the same problem I had in August. I’ve just emailed omlet. 

• Like 1

I don’t think many of us on here have one.  If you don’t receive many replies, try the Omlet Chicken keeping FB Page.  There has been discussion about the door on there.  Apparently you have to set it right in the beginning.  I’m sure Omlet will help too.  Phone them during office hours. 

I bought my Omlet auto door at the end of January and so far it has been extremely good and the batteries have lasted ages.

Fingers crossed it continues to keep working.

I hope you get yours sorted.

I’m also having the same problem. I have only had mine 4 weeks. And after unsuccessfully trying to set it on timed, which didn’t work, gave in and left it on factory reset on the light function. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t it also displays the message the door is blocked and open and shuts at will. I’ve written to Omlet and will probably ask for my money back. 

I have an autodoor as well, but I installed it just yesterday.  I didn't have any problems yet (of course) but I'm following this tread closely....

Just to update that my autodoor is still working absolutely fine and I've had it for over a year now.

• Thanks 1

I am having the same issue. I bought the autodoor last fall and ended up having the same problem where it would try to close five time then say door blocked. It usually would finally close, but I didn't trust it and I think at least once it was left open. I did all of the recommended actions (clean the unit, clean the blockage sensor, take out the batteries, factory reset) and nothing worked. I returned that unit and they sent me a new one. And within a few months I started having the same problem. The only thing that seems to fix it is if I actually DO block the door with a stick, then it shuts properly the next time. But it has happened at least twice in the past month, where the door says blocked and keeps trying to close unsuccessfully. I have reached out to Omlet and gotten a quick response, but they are recommending to clean it or reset it again. I'm wondering if I have installed it wrong since this is a recurring problem with multiple units. I just don't feel like I can rely on it to keep my chickens safe, which was the whole point of getting it! Any advice is greatly appreciated!

...only, it's happening straight away from day 1. I installed my Omlet autodoor yesterday and it will not stay closed. It will loop through a close/open cycle at least 4 or 5 times and then say the door is blocked.  There is nothing blocking the door. The unit is fresh out of the box.  I have changed the batteries, factory reset, unplugged/replugged in the harness into the module.  Nothing changes this "door is blocked" behavior.  Very disappointed.

I believe I have sorted this problem out.  What I was missing is that the door does not run a re-calibration if a factory reset is performed while the module is connected to the door.  You must perform a factory reset of the module while the wiring is disconnected from the door.  Then, when you reconnect the module, it will re-calibrate the open/close positions.  After doing this, my door began working very well.

I believe the trouble is that, logically, people are assembling the door and testing it before actually mounting it to the coop.  This results in a calibration that may not be proper for the door once installed.  The door then thinks it is blocked and open/closes repeatedly.

Hope this helps!

Hopefully that will help anyone else that has the same problem.

Mine is still working fine but maybe I was just lucky with the one I got sent.