Jump to content

Recommended Posts

It's crazy - 4 outdoors but 30 inside!  Then again the rules here are just as crazy - as if covid only happens after 10pm.  There's a lot of ranting I'd like to do but I got on my soapbox too many times and it collapsed!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That 30 inside 4 outside rule is bizarre, did they explain the reasoning?

Ive been very cautious about contact with people as I want to be able to see my mum. Still distanced, I sit outside and she sits by the patio window. I bought her a sheltered garden seat (for me really) so that she fretted less about me getting wet. It's an hr & qtr drive so I can't go too often and I don't use the toilet there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Willow said:

That 30 inside 4 outside rule is bizarre, did they explain the reasoning?

Ive been very cautious about contact with people as I want to be able to see my mum. Still distanced, I sit outside and she sits by the patio window. I bought her a sheltered garden seat (for me really) so that she fretted less about me getting wet. It's an hr & qtr drive so I can't go too often and I don't use the toilet there.

In home situations you are supposed not to invite more than 3 people once a day right now. But I think they keep to the 30 indoors to keep theaters, cinemas etc going. And of course schools! Btw: we are still exempt from the 30 rule. I can have 32 students in a classroom and the 800+ students in the lunch hall is no problem either. But if the students are caught outside in groups of more than 4, they could be fined... 

We finally got a thermometer thingy too. And it boils down to everything closed in the end, but not schools. It says nothing about distancing students either.

I know there are lots of people much more affected than me right now. Lots of people losing their jobs etc and healthcare staff are up for it again. But I really don't understand this lack of measures in schools.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My niece-in-law is a teacher in the U.K. I'm similarly frustrated about the lack of measures in schools. Some tape has been put around her desk forming a 1 m exclusion zone in each direction that (in theory)  the pupils are not supposed to enter and she has to take her own lunch and spend all day at her desk with no interaction with colleagues. It must be very stressful for teachers. 

Since the various governments have now realised how vital the childcare provided by schools is to keep people working they could justify expenditure on measures in schools as supporting the economy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son is a teacher.  In his school in Surrey is finding that the main problem is getting tests back in a timely way when staff are ill.  As per usual, colds are going round and they have to test staff who have symptoms.  They have to isolate till the tests come back, so far all negative but sometimes they are off for a week.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Patricia W said:

My son is a teacher.  In his school in Surrey is finding that the main problem is getting tests back in a timely way when staff are ill.  As per usual, colds are going round and they have to test staff who have symptoms.  They have to isolate till the tests come back, so far all negative but sometimes they are off for a week.  

Same here. And after months we finally got the government to agree to give teachers and healthcare workers a quicker appointment and result. But somehow that resulted in people having to drive 2,5 hours single trip to get tested... 

I got poked and prodded today at a privet lab as I want to go to Germany next week. And you have to have a negative test to be able to go to Germany now. 
test was fine, just the prize made my eyes water...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Luvachicken said:

I've hated the whole thing all along, I hate it even more now.

Odd that they are waiting till Thursday to start the lockdown. Over here the most measures take effect within 24 hours of being announced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cat tails said:

Odd that they are waiting till Thursday to start the lockdown. Over here the most measures take effect within 24 hours of being announced.

We like to take things slowly and fit in as much as we can while we have a chance :roll:

Or should I say Boris and his chums.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing that is making me fuming mad about Lockdown: The Sequel is the fact that they're repeating a lot of the mistakes from the original run, and adding new ones.

I know some people I have spoken to don't seem to understand that, while children are unlikely to get sick, when they go to school they can transmit it among themselves, meaning they come home and pass it on to adults, some of whom get sick and some of whom just become carriers that pass it on and make other people sick, and thus the cycle continues. 🤦‍♂️

And so help me God if I find out Dominic has gone on another one of his walkabouts... 🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...