Bubble

Allen and Page Smallholders v Organic layers pellets

Does anyone know if they are the same size please? My fussy chickens wouldn’t eat pellets at first but managed to get them to eat the smallholders crumble and then the pellets, which I bought by accident but the they ate as they are small. But I’ve now run out and can only get the organic ones near me. 

I don't know, I haven't seen the Smallholder's Range ones myself but the Allen and Page website states that their organic ones are "2.5mm pellet size – suitable for bantams".  I use the organic ones and they are very small pellets, much smaller than other layers' pellets I've seen.  

If you're still unsure I can take a photo against some kind of scale for you of the organic ones.

Thanks Hippie chick that’s really kind of you.  I went and got them anyway and they look pretty much the same size. 

I use Smallholders and have for years.   The last two bags seem to have more ‘dust’ In the bottom but might just be me.   The chickens like it though.  

Thanks Patricia, mine do seem to prefer the smallholders too. Not as interested in the organic ones but Ive now made them in porridge which they gobble up