Luvachicken

Thinking about the Christmas swap and what you might like to do ?

On 9/30/2020 at 8:30 PM, AndyRoo said:

Oh, poo! I forgot.

I'll put a rattlesnake in the box, so there'll be shock, if not surprise!! 🤣

Noooo I know it's irrational but I have a real problem with 🐍 didn't realise before being on social media, so many people post random snake pics and gifs (shudder)

• Haha 1

Sadly the truth is that we seem to be a smaller group then hitherto and so we know each other's skills. Therefore it's not too hard to second guess! However, it's all done with care and love and much skill and ingenuity and still a lovely surprise. Personally I receive my swaps with great delight and feel so grateful that someone has put so much work into the gift. Long may it continue and big thanks to Luvvie and Mr Luvvie for their efforts in organising - very much appreciated ...must be a bit like herding cats!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willow said:

Noooo I know it's irrational but I have a real problem with 🐍 didn't realise before being on social media, so many people post random snake pics and gifs (shudder)

Don't worry: you have better odds of winning the lottery than getting me anywhere near a snake. *shiver*

• Like 1

Hi - am I too late for this ?? - each year I love the idea of this but am really lacking in the ability to make something - but this year I have something I am hoping I can make even if it may look like a 5 year old has made it 😂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HarrisonFamily said:

Hi - am I too late for this ?? - each year I love the idea of this but am really lacking in the ability to make something - but this year I have something I am hoping I can make even if it may look like a 5 year old has made it 😂 

Nope, not too late at all 😊

I have a paper list for now but I think I will do a new post with our names on like we normally have.

• Like 1

Worth sending a message to some of those who have taken part regularly in the past?  They may just be sleeping... 

21 hours ago, Patricia W said:

Worth sending a message to some of those who have taken part regularly in the past?  They may just be sleeping... 

Ha...no one gets away 😆

• Like 1

On 10 October 2020 at 8:41 PM, soapdragon said:

Sadly the truth is that we seem to be a smaller group then hitherto and so we know each other's skills.

You also know if it has come from Catails or me as we are abroad, however for the last couple of years on the Christmas swap I have posted from the UK when visiting. 

Going to try something out of my comfort zone this year.

I just had a look at the photos from the 2018 Christmas swap - there are some very talented people on here - I have only just found my slightly creative side so perhaps I should add descriptive labels with mine so you know what they are suppose to be  😂

• Haha 2

On 10/11/2020 at 7:45 PM, Patricia W said:

Yes, I had noticed that some of us haven't appeared yet. Maybe they might notice once I put up the new post.

On 10/13/2020 at 8:34 PM, HarrisonFamily said:

I just had a look at the photos from the 2018 Christmas swap - there are some very talented people on here - I have only just found my slightly creative side so perhaps I should add descriptive labels with mine so you know what they are suppose to be  😂

Anything you make will be much appreciated.

I have limited skills and I am quite slow but one of the things I do make I can do quite quickly, although I haven't made any for a while.

Edited by Luvachicken
left out a sentence
  • Like 1