Guest Poet

The Pick Me Up/Good News Thread. Use it daily!

I don't think Emma should be posting in here today, she's only had bad news.

Whereas, I had a lovely present from my old friend Liam when he scored an own goal and reinstated the fact that Villa are the best team in the Midlands.

_44232369_ridgewell_getty.jpg

nice one martin :lol: :lol:

Fred, I got a chance to play with an iphone on Saturday - Phil wanted to get some stuff from the Apple Store in Regent Street; I'm not a Mac fan, but must say that I was impressed with the 'playability' although I;m old fashioned and just want a phone to make calls.

My friends husband, who is a computerish sort of person says he liked it a lot. He played with one at an exhibition.

His only criticism is that it is too big and wouldn't fit in his suit pocket. :?:lol:

I think it's bigger than a Blackberry.

I liked the way you could zoom in or out on photos just by drawing a bigger or smaller frame with your fingers. The screen was very clear.

VVVV expensive though - I'll stick to my 'only makes calls Nokia'

Our Cat (whom I completely adore) went missing 3 days ago, letter round to all the neighbours, everyone checking their sheds etc. Thought he was a goner, then this afternoon he just walked into the house and I burst into tears. Hurrah

005.jpg

:lol:

And I bet he just strolled in without a care in the world and demanded his tea!

Glad he's back.

Our Cat (whom I completely adore) went missing 3 days ago, letter round to all the neighbours, everyone checking their sheds etc. Thought he was a goner, then this afternoon he just walked into the house and I burst into tears. Hurrah

YAY, what fantastic news. Hopefully you'll not have this happen to you http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/7092301.stm Isn't strange what we'll all do for the love of our pets...I think I would do the same :oops:

:lol: Thanks for that - i wouldn't put it past Rattle actually - he's that kind of character!

New good news. I've had a really lovely day, topped off by a brilliant Riding lesson. I was really worried I wouldn't be able to cope with horse riding (I have M.E) but have found that because riding used such different muscles I'm able to ride for 30 mins without any catastrophic consequences. Hubbie is learning too and and it's something really nice to do together. Got a really good teacher who is pushing us at the right sort of speed AND I didn't get a really slow old plodder this week, must mean they think they can trust me a bit more! Hubbies was though!!!!!!

I had my Lighterlife pop in tonight (I just can't wait a week to find out how much I've lost!) and since Monday its another 3 pounds taking my total weight loss to.......

2 stone 13.5 pounds!

Claret really won't recognise me at the Christmas Market!

well, i've stopped puking (had a 48 hour stomach bug) so that's good news! :shock::lol:

starving now though!

Well done PM - you must be so pleased 8)

Good News indeed Poet :shock: - it's a good job we can't spread these bugs via the forum :lol:

Had my 20 week scan yesterday afternoon, and everything looks fine with the baby. :D It was sucking it's thumb throughout the scan, and was very determined to wriggle away from the scanner at every opportunity! They couldn't tell us the sex, as the cord was lying between it's legs, but I don;t care - the baby looks fine and healthy. :D:D:D

YIPPEE

Half way there!!

That's great news Shona! It's so lovely to see the baby, when you go so long between scans.

I'm itching for the next five weeks to pass me by so I can have mine.

:D

Edited by Guest

Yesterday we voted on what design we should use for the allotment, and mine won!

Also I am typing this on a iPhone

Had my 20 week scan yesterday afternoon, and everything looks fine with the baby. :D It was sucking it's thumb throughout the scan, and was very determined to wriggle away from the scanner at every opportunity! They couldn't tell us the sex, as the cord was lying between it's legs, but I don;t care - the baby looks fine and healthy. :D:D:D

The best news of all! :lol:

pop open the champagne and get out the marching band.!!!!!!.....

MOTHER IN LAW'S TERRIBLE TERRIER LEAVES US TODAY !!

party.gif