Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The egg port door slipped out of my hand and crash landed on my toes last night and this morning I’m sporting a lovely shade of purple bruising, looks like I’ve possibly broken a couple of toes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OOh, nasty! You'll probably find that potential broken toes get no attention from the medical profession unless really bad! I've broken rh big toe 3 times now and, on each occasion, I was told by the GP just to splint it and 'be careful'!! Hope it soon heals! (And also that you managed to collect some eggs at the same time otherwise it was literally adding insult to injury 😉 Or the other way around!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That sounds very painful, I'm a bit surprised the door is heavy enough to cause so much injury.  I know if you have your toe/s broken on purpose to reset them, it takes ages to get full mobility back, so do take care.  My friend broke a finger last week and after X rays she was told to go away and use a splint till it healed!  She said it was painful if she moved it, and the doctor said it would really retard the healing if it was moved, so a splint was essential, and she got some from Amazon, because the one (!) she was given from the hospital was useless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would recommend a glass of wine, taken orally, repeated until the pain subsides. That may be necessary for several days, or perhaps weeks.

If the toes are not swollen they are not broken, but I would still advise you follow the previous prescription.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/1/2022 at 12:52 PM, soapdragon said:

OOh, nasty! You'll probably find that potential broken toes get no attention from the medical profession unless really bad! I've broken rh big toe 3 times now and, on each occasion, I was told by the GP just to splint it and 'be careful'!! Hope it soon heals! (And also that you managed to collect some eggs at the same time otherwise it was literally adding insult to injury 😉 Or the other way around!)

Sadly not collecting eggs @soapdragonbut worming them which was also fun 🤩.

 

On 6/1/2022 at 4:37 PM, Daphne said:

That sounds very painful, I'm a bit surprised the door is heavy enough to cause so much injury.  I know if you have your toe/s broken on purpose to reset them, it takes ages to get full mobility back, so do take care.  My friend broke a finger last week and after X rays she was told to go away and use a splint till it healed!  She said it was painful if she moved it, and the doctor said it would really retard the healing if it was moved, so a splint was essential, and she got some from Amazon, because the one (!) she was given from the hospital was useless.

I think it was the angle in which I dropped it @Daphne bottom edge hit my toes.

On 6/1/2022 at 8:41 PM, Beantree said:

I would recommend a glass of wine, taken orally, repeated until the pain subsides. That may be necessary for several days, or perhaps weeks.

If the toes are not swollen they are not broken, but I would still advise you follow the previous prescription.

@Beantree can I substitute wine for Pastis? Toes are bruised and swollen and a cut on my big toe but I will follow your medical advice to the letter 🥹

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That sounds so painful.

Toes are sensitive little things so I'm not surprised they are bruised.

I once injured a finger when an onion fell off the shelf and hit my knuckle - a huge lump followed for days.

I hope your toes soon recover x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...