mayflower Posted May 30, 2008 Share Posted May 30, 2008 Well, my hens look really beautiful now. Their feathers have been complete for the last few weeks. Their amber eyes are bright, legs and feet are cream and smooth, and their combs and wattles are poppy red. This last week I have seen a significant difference in their plumage. Each feather has the most exquisite shades of brown, outlined with dark brown through to gold. Annie has the most beautiful gold neck like a pheasant, and a blonde fluffy bottom, while May is conker brown with a dark breast. Suki's feathers are thick and velvety, and all our hens are alert, curious and very friendly. Annie's comb is still at a jaunty angle, Alice came to us minus one wattle and Lucy has an excuse for a tail. So, although they may not win any prizes in a chicken competition, they win first prize with me! By now you can tell can't you?............I love my hens. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hils78 Posted May 30, 2008 Share Posted May 30, 2008 Wow those chicken have one doting owner x I love really looking at my girls close up too. Can't wait till I get my ex bats. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...