Phosphorus

Milly has visited vets

She has had a sore eye for the last two days which I have been bathing with salt water, but it really hasn't improved much.

Took her to one of the Omlet recommended vets this afternoon and he was really good. She has had an antibiotic injection and I now have to put some antibiotic cream on her eye twice a day :? Jab was for the slim chance that she has picked up Mycoplasmia (sp?) - which he said he had seen a lot of lately - although in the end he didn't think it was that likely (she hasn't been gasping or sneezing, just not really her bouncy self today).

Out of interest, not a problem as she isn't laying yet, but what is the withdrawal period for eggs when they have an antibiotic injection? I forgot to ask as he was happy once he knew she wasn't laying yet - just wondering what I do if she suddenly starts in the next few weeks :wink:

Hoping her eye will start to pick up now and she will be bouncing around the pen - he did say it could take a few weeks for the eye to sort out as there did seem to be a bit of damage to the eye (accident, pecking who knows!)