Chooks76 Posted June 7, 2011 Share Posted June 7, 2011 When my Speckledy laid her first egg it was a rich brown and very speckled. Her second egg was creamier with less speckles and her third egg had no speckles at all. I'd presumed a chicken's egg would always look the same as the first one it laid. I have a Rhode Rock, Speckledy and Blacktail and from reading about the breeds expected all of their eggs to look different (mid - dark brown, speckled and light brown respectively) - but they all look the same now. So does anybody out there have a speckledy that shifts between laying eggs with speckles and without? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
teacake Posted June 7, 2011 Share Posted June 7, 2011 myrtles are sometimes less speckly, and she laid a tiny pale one with dark speckles at the weekend. just when we think we know which is which they'll change to confuse us! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chooks76 Posted June 7, 2011 Author Share Posted June 7, 2011 I don't think I'll be telling these apart... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...