Mercedes55

Bad customer service from Blindsuk

A few years ago I bought a couple of wooden venetian blinds for my kitchen from the above company and had no problems with them at all, so when I decided to replace all my net curtains with blinds they were the first company that came to mind when ordering.

So back in September I ordered just 1 blind so that I could make sure the colour and style matched my decor and that they were made well. Instead of the 7/10 days for delivery the blind took about 6wks to be delivered, which I wasn't very happy about. I also noticed the blind was maybe half an inch shorter than my measurements, but as it didn't reveal any window I just assumed they made them a bit shorter in the same way that they adjust the width for a recess fitting.

Anyway I then ordered the further 6 blinds to do the rest of the front of the house, plus one blind for the side. Once again the 7/10 days drifted into weeks and I think this time it was like a month before they arrived. Quite honestly not one blind seems to be the exact length that I ordered, but once again I gave them the benefit of the doubt until we started putting up the blinds for our bay window. One blind was okay, one was about an inch shorter, and the other was nearly 5ins shorter! I couldn't believe they could get the length out so much. What made it worse was that this company NEVER answer their phones, everything is done by email and they take about 2 days to reply to emails.

When I eventually got a reply from them they wanted photo evidence of the blinds. After sending that I expected them to send me replacements, but they insisted I return the blinds to them to be adjusted. They arranged to pick them up a couple of weeks ago, but City Link went to the wrong address, so had to wait till the next week. They eventually went off on Monday of last week and I had made a point of telling the company I needed them back for Christmas as I now have nothing up at the window and I live on a main road and people are always looking in, so I'm having to keep the curtains pulled across 2/3 of the window.

I've got to the point now where I just wish I had insisted they take them all back as I can't ever see this bay window having blinds of the same length. I'm not who they employ to make them, but their eyesight must be abysmal.

So if anyone is going to buy blinds online, don't use this company :roll: