AgaSaga Posted July 19, 2012 Share Posted July 19, 2012 Just took one of my hens to the vet this morning as as last night I found her all hunched up and poorly. He said her abdomen was swollen and she is egg bound. He has given her an antibiotic jab and suggested I put her in her carrier in a steamy bathroom for 1 hour at a time. Ive made her an omlette with crushed egg shell in it (also at his suggestion) but she looks really poorly and just isnt touching it. My question is, in between her 'steam treatments' in the bathroom should I place the carrier outside with the other girls so she isnt isolated from them? If she does recover I don't want them picking on her.....or will they realise its the same hen coming back into the group? Or perhaps it is more important she is kept warm? Hoping someone can offer some advice. Ive also posted this in the chicken clinic Thanks Pam Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted July 19, 2012 Share Posted July 19, 2012 I'll lock this thread as the discussion has started here Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...