daxigirl Posted October 27, 2012 Share Posted October 27, 2012 Now I've entered some painted eggs in the National Show, being me I couldn't start with just one went straight in for the four. Having had several dismal attempts at 'blowing' eggs, I'm now wondering if it is okay to just paint them as they are or if I should boil them first? It seemed like such a good idea and now with only a couple of weeks to go I'm not so sure. Know exactly what I'm going to paint so that's not the problem. Any hints on 'blowing' eggs greatfully taken on board or advice on painting. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickensaregreat Posted October 30, 2012 Share Posted October 30, 2012 I don't do that many painted eggs but I blew some eggs recently and although it took a while it did work! First I put a hole in each end of the egg with one of the things you put holes in when boiling eggs (sorry can't remember the name!) and then I gradually made one end bigger by using a pin to chip away at the hole without damaging it too much just big enough so that I could fit a skewer in it and then I put the skewer in to try and break the yolk and white inside so that it will come out more easily. Then I blew from the other end!! I did find though that once the yolk was out the white was harder as there was a long white bit which I had to gently pull out! But it was a duck egg! Hope that helps, Good luck at the national!! I went up a couple of years ago didn't show any painted eggs and there is an amazing array of different eggs up there!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...