S & S Posted June 7, 2008 Share Posted June 7, 2008 Hi, Thiw forum is addictive Ive aquired my two girls on thursday, having a few probs with my dogs though but improving very slowly. Today i got some red mite powder i already have some diatom powder, just woundered if i should use both and were and how much etc, thanks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
waders Posted June 7, 2008 Share Posted June 7, 2008 Hi S & S, I use my red mite powder when I've cleaned out the eglu. I sprinkle it liberally (I quite like the smell ) under the tray, in the tray and nestbox covered with some hemcore/aubiose and on the edges of the roosting bars. I'm paranoid about the beasties and probably use too much but the girls don't seem to be worried. I've not mixed the two though, I put the diatom powder in the run when I clean that out. I'm sure others will be here soon to give you their advice too. Lisa Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laura & CTB Posted June 7, 2008 Share Posted June 7, 2008 I have both and tend to use the diatom on the roosting bars, in the nest box and in the dust bath. Red mite powder also goes in the dustbath cos it makes them smell so nice when they come out Of course you can also sprinkle it directly on to the chooks! Its all natural ingredients and smells wonderful Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...