family layer Posted June 26, 2008 Share Posted June 26, 2008 I can't believe it and nor can the kids! I actually did a double take on Sunday when I went to check on "the girls" and there was an egg from Masala, just laying there in the coop waiting for me!!! I am sure I actually heard a "Ta-Daaaaa!!!". What an amazing feeling! Particularly as we got them two weeks before that and were told they had been laying And then Tikka had been picking on Masala badly since they got home, so the fact that she is now "supplying" our grub is a fantastic feeling! I am very worried however, that Tikka appears older than the other two, and although we got them from the South of England Show in Ardingly, and they SHOULD be good ones really, I do wonder if we were sold a dodgy old chicken who had stopped laying. Anyone knows how/if you can tell? She is a great pet, but I do wonder about her... These things always happen to me! Any advice welcome... PS. Meanwhile, I couldn't take my eyes off Mango who scoffed herself full of cooked Basmati rice tonight as if there was no tomorrow! Hilarious! She looked a if she had just discovered the next best thing to "Warren" Ramsay! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted June 26, 2008 Share Posted June 26, 2008 Can you post a photo of the girls so that we can compare Tikka to the others? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Abbey Road Girl Posted June 26, 2008 Share Posted June 26, 2008 Would be nice if there were chicky birth certificates (tags in their "ears' would be nigh to impossible). The best we can hope for at the moment is an approximation like 16-18 weeks and we have to take that in good faith. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...