CALNICK Posted June 30, 2008 Share Posted June 30, 2008 do chickens have to be a certain age before you can give them any treats? We do not intend to give them treats everyday, but like everyone on this forum we want to treat them special!! Ours are 8 - 10 weeks old Thanks Calnick Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
moochoo Posted June 30, 2008 Share Posted June 30, 2008 I'm not sure about giving treats to such young chooks. I guess it's better to wait until they're point of lay when they eat more anyway. I'd worry about the treats crowding out their nutrient from their pellets/ mash. I'm sure someone with more experience of younger girls will be along to give you some advice on what if anything you could give them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...