StephanieSB Posted August 1, 2008 Share Posted August 1, 2008 I just got an email this morning from the Garden Hen in Windsor. As they will not be trading from today to the foreseeable future, they are selling off the chickens they have, including breeding stock, on a first come basis. This is the info for anyone interested: We shall be available as follows: Saturday 2nd August from 10am onwards Sunday 3rd August from 10am onwards Monday 4th August from midday onwards Tuesday possibly closed as we will be having a family day out. Please feel free to call in, there is no need to book an appointment. If you need to know where we are situated if you have not visited us before, please email for full address/directions. Many of the birds available are approx 8 weeks and younger and include breeds such as Orpington, Barnevelder, Andalusian etc - bantams and large fowl. With kind regards Simon & Deborah Bates The Garden Hen Mob: 07854 188 724 www.thegardenhen.co.uk Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
daisymay Posted August 1, 2008 Share Posted August 1, 2008 I was just about to post the same! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
StephanieSB Posted August 1, 2008 Author Share Posted August 1, 2008 I was just about to post the same! I just wish I could go over tomorrow and get hold of some of their breeding stock (the 8 wk olds would be too young to mix with our girls). But my husband has reminded me we want to move house sooner rather than later, so I need to hold off on more birds. But hurry over anyone who wants some of these beautifully, carefully breeded animals. They will go fast, I am sure. Do you (or anyone else) know why they have to suspend trading??? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Troy Posted August 1, 2008 Share Posted August 1, 2008 I think the reasons why he is selling them off is dreadful. Simons commitment and care for his birds, particularly his breeding stock must have made this a very hard decision for him. I wish him and his family well and sincerely hope they have the strength to get through this terrible time. Troy Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Troy Posted August 1, 2008 Share Posted August 1, 2008 Sorry Stephanie, yes, Simon has been diagnosed with Cancer. Troy Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buffie Posted August 1, 2008 Share Posted August 1, 2008 It is very sad and under the circumstances we've let this run in NB so I'll lock this so we keep it in one place. Buffie x Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...