Chickaboo

Phoebe poorly please help!!

For some time now Phoebe has been laying soft shelled eggs, then yesterday she got up with one sort of hanging half out, she was a bit preoccupied about this, but still pecking about and eating treats. I steamed her rear end and gave her a warm bath and it seemed to come away - and she perked up quite a bit. However, this morning I got her up and she passed a yellowy, white poo type thing and then spent the next 30 mins drinking constantly (unlike Phoebe). She has now waddled back into the eglu. What should I do? I'm scared any egg left in might become infected and of course its a Sunday :roll: Do I call a vet out or will she perk up?? Advice please.

If you are able to, bring her into the house in a cardboard box or even a recycling crate if she's hunched up so that you can keep an eye on her. Coffee did something similar on Friday, leaving me worried about her but she's right as rain today. These odd eggs really upset the hens and it can take a while for them to get over them but if she's hunched up and miserable looking, maybe seeing a vet would be a good idea. If she perks up though, hopefully she's over it.