jennie

HELP! my chicken has sour crop.

Towards the end of last week my chicken was feeling very unwell. She was just sitting down, closing her eyes and not eating. Her crop was about the size of a mango and very squishy. I took her to the vets on Saturday who flushed out her crop by making her sick and then gave her an antibiotic.

I have kept her seperate since and have been giving her actimel with porridge, however her crop is very large again and feels like it is full of water. She seems much happier, pecking, scratching, cleaning and eating. She has pooed a little bit but it is green? Before I took her to the vets her beak smelt terrible but she doesn't smell at the moment.

I have looked on the internet and have found out that antibiotics actually make sour crop worse as it is a fungus infection?? Is this correct?

What else can I do. Should i phone the vets and ask them for some anti fungal medication?

I am very worried thet her crop will be damaged if I don't do something soon. :cry: