AbigailGrace

Small Animals.. Fighting..?

Hello..

Well I have noticed that there are many issues been brought up about there hamsters fighting so on..

Well let me tell you I have had plenty of experance now of small animals fighting..

I mostly stick to gerbils due to there kind nature and how easy it is to tame them and they are a perfect hand size pet..

The gerbils which we have now are very happy together but it wasnt all this way..

We started with three and they were pre-loved gerbils and were given to us as the lady had a dog that wanted to eat them and they had to stay in another room and she was also pregnant and needed the room.. Sad I know..

Well anyway they were awfully fat stank and had highly greasy fur-skin.

It was horrid to see them like that..

Well mum was a little unsure when we went to go collect them but i was just wanting to make there poor little lifes much better..

So we took them home all happy and perfectly fine..

I knew that when we got them i thought it was odd there was just three but pets at home had sold three together and they were all brothers..

Anyhow.. As they gradually reached sexual maturity i realised a little sqeeking coming from the cage mostly every day..

But they used to play so i just thought thats all it was..

But it was never that simple..

I woke one morning to find them tucked up in bed but there was something red in the cage..

I looked a little closer to then realise that it was Olive!

Olive was laid there open with guts everywhere .. well i wont' go on!

It was horid and i had to remove them from the cage and put them into there carry case..

I felt very upset that they could of done that.. They had red noses and bellys from where they had ripped him open..

I was too upset to look at them.. (sound silly but it was soo upsetting)

Well.. If you ever think if something isn't right you sould think about removing them from one and other...

It's still a little upsetting to see them now..

And i worry too much if they are doing something wrong..

I woke the other morning to see another red nose and i thought to myself not again..

But it was all fine he had just been digging so much in the night he had got a red nose.

Well i have found you either keep one or have 2, 4 .6 so on..

They like to have company..

But never have more than one hamster in a cage dwarf ones are fine but not a typical syrrian..

Hope this helped..

Oh and sorry for the terrible spelling!

AbigailGrace

:D