surferdog

White discharge from ears

Just noticed that Coco's ears looked very white. On closer inspection she appears to have a white chalky discharge from them. I've searched on the internet but can't find out what this might be. Has anyone come across this before and do I need to be worried?

She's eating and drinking normally and happily running round the garden so doesn't seem to feel poorly. I'm going to wait until they've gone to bed and then haul her out and bring her indoors for a clean up (She is the flightiest and I have no hope of catching her in daylight hours :roll: )

Hi Surferdog,do you mean white from the ear hole or lobe,if its the lobe 2 of mine seem to have white forming on them,i took bella to the vet he said there was nothing wrong with her :oops: i felt so silly but felt better when he said there was no charge for my visit,still not convinced its not some sort of fungus or something,hope this helps abit j

Thank you both for your replies. Updated to say that whatever it was seems to have cleared up now. Was very noticeable as she is a red hen with bright red (normally) ears. (OH has the theory it was from hanging around under the bird feeder and a bird had pooed on her head....)