Boris70

Do I spilt her from the others???

Hi

I've had Dhylis my pekin for nearly 3 years now. Her original friends are long gone, and I've now got a lot of hybrids in with her for company who she has lived with for the past 6-18 months.

Everything was lovely and harmonious in the run, but for the past 3-4 weeks Dhylis is not really coming out of the eglu all day as whenever she does she's attacked by a good 3-4 of the bigger girls - and it's differnt ones each time. It's the fact that nothing has changed during this time - so why the pecking order is trying to change i have no idea.

I've been letting them out to free range to get some space, and she cones down and eats loads then, and comes out in the garden until they see her and start picking on her again.

It;s all just come to a head, when I've gone to get them in the free ranging and Dhylis was no where to be seen, I finally found her after a very frantic 20 minutes in the next door neighbours garden - I'm guessing she'd been chased in there.

So - do I split her up from the others in my spare blue eglu and run - and get her a friend or 2 - I've had her 3 years - and I think she was about 2/3 when I got her?

Or leave them all to it - as they may sort it out soon?

Thanks

Poor old girl. I think I'd pop her in the spare eglu - presumably if she can see the others she won't get too lonely that you'd need to go through the trauma of introducing new pekins.

How are you and Leo doing now -bet he's getting bigger by the day?!

Jo

Hi,

I think a trip to Thornes will be in order tomorrow!!!

Leo is good,running around like a looney now - and thinking about speaking, but not quite got the hang that yet - thanks for asking,

Vicki