K-F-C Posted July 4, 2009 Share Posted July 4, 2009 I'm currently making sure that I've got everything I need and ready to go for when my cube and hens arrive... I have bokashi bran and garlic granules and grit to add to their pellets... is there anything else I should be adding and can anyone tell me roughly which quantities to add these in? Ta! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted July 4, 2009 Share Posted July 4, 2009 Hi there Maybe our newly formed "shopping list" thread may help you with some of your choices viewtopic.php?f=42&t=46461 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
K-F-C Posted July 4, 2009 Author Share Posted July 4, 2009 Thanks! I'm relieved to know that I've got at least one of each of the alternatives on the list... Just need to know the feed quantities now... I've read that most people do not do this too mathematically... but is it a hand full or what? a pinch of this? Bokashi? Garlic granules? Grit? Poultry spice? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted July 4, 2009 Share Posted July 4, 2009 Out of the above I use grit and poultry spice. Grit - my girls have access to it at all times, I place some in those little hooked containers and have a couple hung up in the walk in run. Poultry spice - never very technical, a couple of good generous pinches in the grub with a "shake around" and then you can see if you need to add anymore into the food. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
laurmurf Posted July 4, 2009 Share Posted July 4, 2009 I put a couple of big handfuls of bokashi in the grub and about a teaspoon of garlic (powerful stuff ) a big pinch of poultry spice and serve the grit separately, on the side Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
K-F-C Posted July 4, 2009 Author Share Posted July 4, 2009 I put a couple of big handfuls of bokashi in the grub and about a teaspoon of garlic (powerful stuff ) a big pinch of poultry spice and serve the grit separately, on the side Thanks for the info! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...