Kangarooby Posted July 4, 2009 Share Posted July 4, 2009 I thought for a while that my two remaining adults (after a fox feast:() had stopped laying for some reason but now I've discovered that they're laying in the graveyard I've been doing daily egg checks but by the time I find where they have laid, something has already destroyed the eggs, not sure if the girls themselves have started eating them or whether it';s another animal but obviously this isn't good! If they are eating their own eggs, what can I do to stop them? How do I get them to resume laying in their nesting box? TIA x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted July 4, 2009 Share Posted July 4, 2009 Try putting rubber or ceramic eggs (known as pot eggs) or golf balls in the nestbox Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kangarooby Posted July 4, 2009 Author Share Posted July 4, 2009 Shall go and commandeer some of my son's golf balls for the purpose,thanks! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted July 4, 2009 Share Posted July 4, 2009 Don't blame me if you get in to trouble! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kangarooby Posted July 4, 2009 Author Share Posted July 4, 2009 I won't Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...