Samuel Morse Posted July 13, 2009 Share Posted July 13, 2009 How long should you leave an egg before taking it from the nest box (or in my case hen house)? One laid while I was at home for lunch and when I took it out it was very warm, which is understandable, but the chickens became quiet vocal. Are they emotionally attached to their eggs when they are not broody? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sjp Posted July 13, 2009 Share Posted July 13, 2009 I wait until they leave the coop then remove the egg Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted July 13, 2009 Share Posted July 13, 2009 I tend to pick them up straight away if I'm around. They will make an egg announcement sometimes anyway. It's nothing to do with taking the eggs, I love finding them when the are really warm, I hold on to them until they go cool Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...