quickcluck Posted July 19, 2009 Share Posted July 19, 2009 I've replaced mine twice now. Two have now fallen off again so we've left for for a few days, but tonight there are many feathers in the run I haven't seen any pecking, but they dont fall out them themselves..... Sooooooooo is it ok to put them on again or indefinately??? I only have one hen with a full complement of feathers and she has a tiny bald patch on the back of her neck!!!! I'd really like to stop anymore coming out.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
moochoo Posted July 19, 2009 Share Posted July 19, 2009 Mine have had theirs on for about 3 months. Most of the girls are refeathered but 3 are still as bald as the day I put them on. I think it will take a moult before they refeather. Some chooks learn their lesson quickly others need a contant reminder. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dawno Posted July 20, 2009 Share Posted July 20, 2009 What are bumper bits, sorry to be a bit thick bit i'm new to this and dont have any chickens yet, cube arrived today. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
quickcluck Posted July 20, 2009 Author Share Posted July 20, 2009 they are llittle plastic devices that go in the beak to stop pecking!! Hopefully you will not need them Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dawno Posted July 20, 2009 Share Posted July 20, 2009 Fingers crossed, have posted pics re my new cube and family dog on runs, cubes ETC.. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...