Old Speckled Hen

My bees are coming !!!!

I go to collect my nuc of local bees on Thursday evening :D

My plan is to transfer them that night, give them a frame of foundation each side of the five frames they will come in, dummy each side and feed.

Do I put them in the middle of the hive or at the front?

The weather has been great at 20+ degrees but it has cooled down Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Or has anybody a better idea?

Can they just go into a full hive perhaps?

Also, I want to replace the frames it comes on asap and need a recipe for that.

My other nuc from my BKA is progressing well. I have taken my hive to the teaching apiary and will be bringing it home in a couple of weeks. :dance::dance:

:D great news!

I'd just put them into a full hive to be honest, that's what I did with mine. Stick the nuc in the middle and fill up the spaces with new frames, and they will soon start drawing them out, especially if you put a feed on.

Why do you want to replace the frames that they're on asap?

Ah - I see why you want to replace them. Sorry, can't advise on that! My bees have done very well - I fed them lots last year, and they've been a really vigorous colony. It is exciting when you get them, isn't it - even though most of the time I am not looking at the hive and so on, I am always aware that it's at the end of the garden, and I'd really miss it if it wasn't there now.