Isabel Posted July 21, 2010 Share Posted July 21, 2010 It has been raining cats & dogs all day. The big girls have been in and out but I'm not too worried about them - they'll dry off overnight, it won't be the first time. It is, however, the first time the Pekins have had a soaking since I got them. They do have shelter but I'v seen them out and about a bit. Should I put them into roost wet and let them dry naturally or do they need any special treatment? Sorry, bit of a dumb question but i don't want to get up in the morning and find they have pneumonia! Thanks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mollie333 Posted July 21, 2010 Share Posted July 21, 2010 How old are they? My 8 month olds are ok outside when its raining, and go back in when its dusk, wet through if it comes that. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Isabel Posted July 21, 2010 Author Share Posted July 21, 2010 10 and 12 weeks Mollie, so just babies. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mollie333 Posted July 21, 2010 Share Posted July 21, 2010 In that case.. If they are SOAKING wet, get the hairdryer out on warm. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Isabel Posted July 21, 2010 Author Share Posted July 21, 2010 They're in ... all the hens were pretty wet esp the Orpington - she was so bedraggled! Chicks weren't too bad but were glad to get into the henhouse. Until this rain today it was going okay with their temporary doll-house shelter during the day - it's small but they fit and cuddle up ..., now I'm really thinking again about a second henhouse. Then the little ones wouldn't have to wait their turn to go to bed. I know it will sort itself out in a few weeks but meantime .... Aaaargh! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...