thehallfamily

Sticky Eyes

Hi

We have 3 hens in an eglu, and have just got a rabbit. Sybil has just got a boring wooden hutch, until hubby can be persuaded to buy a bunnylu...

She is a beautiful grey and white lop, and we only got her last week! She seems very docile and easy to pick up even though she is a baby. Is this normal??

Also, horrors when I just got her out for a cuddle she has a very gooey eye. I have wiped it with cotton wool and boiled water. But should I take her to the vet...

Help!

Oh Goodness - a gooey eye. Sounds like an infection. If you take her to the vet, they'll give her some eye drops to clear it up.

I'm not an expert on Rabbits, but my mum-in-law breeds them and we handle them from when they are only days old, and they are happy to be picked up and fussed a little. If she's not struggling I'd look at it as a sign that she is totally relaxed with you.

Give the vet a call and see what they they say about that eye. she might be feeling a bit under the weather with it, hence her being docile.

Let us know how you get on won't you.