ejaym39 Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 Just wanted to ask if anyone had any suggestions for my sneezing ladies. I have 8 chickens who always seem to be sneezing between them. They are well in every other sense. Eating drinking and running around. They are dusted and have no signs of mites. House is clean and sprayed regularly. Egg count is a little low but that could be down to the wintery weather and lazy chickens. They have had two recent courses of anti biotics, but still continue to sneeze. We lost one of our ladies about 6 weeks ago following on from a sneezing wheezing episode and don't really know what happened to her. We got two new ladies and kept them seperate for two weeks as one of them started sneezing on the way home and didn';t have the heart to return her. Hence the first course of anti biotics. They still continued to sneeze after that so I got another course. Having kept the vets entertained with me having to take two ladies in to the vets in a cat basket to have a check up = vet is flummoxed too. Vet has suggested worming them as this can sometimes affect the breathing so I will try that once I work out the Flubenvent stuff. I have also tried the grapefruit seed oil in the water and that didn't help. Does anyone have any suggestions or do I just have chickens with hay fever or allergies. Thanks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snoxy Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 Mildred and Olive both had the sneezes last week...gave them Nettex Nutridrops and no more sneezing Stella has looked close to death twice now and the Nutridrops have sorted her I buy it from the local horsey place that sells chicken products too...it is available online for around the same price...and just did a search...it is available from Omlet shop too Brilliant stuff I say Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 What are you using in the way of bedding? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...