Charlie7 Posted October 12, 2010 Share Posted October 12, 2010 Hello, In my search for 1 red and 1 white Wyandotte in my area, I find it very hard to find 1 place that has these two colors in the age the that I want. My question is, if I get them from two different places, will they be okay? How should I introduce them to each other? I have seen the linked topic, but I still have a few unanswered questions on this subject. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38660&p=594774&hilit=new+hens+from+different+places#p594774 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chicken bark Posted October 12, 2010 Share Posted October 12, 2010 If you are getting the two hens on the same day keep them in carriers during the day and then put them in together at night. As it is just two hens the risks of illness is reduced. The fact that they are both in new surroundings should mean introductions are easier. The above is what I would do but I'm sure others with more experience will answer soon. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...