Ailie Posted November 23, 2010 Share Posted November 23, 2010 This week, Corporal Cluck has shed enough feathers in the run to stuff a small duvet. I don't know how she hasn't ended up totally bald. My question is this: when I scoop out their poo festooned aubiose and chuck it in the compost bin, is it okay to leave the feathers in there? I did this yesterday, but now I'm having a worry about whether they're okay in the compost. Any ideas? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ailie Posted November 23, 2010 Author Share Posted November 23, 2010 This week, Corporal Cluck has shed enough feathers in the run to stuff a small duvet. I don't know how she hasn't ended up totally bald. My question is this: when I scoop out their poo festooned aubiose and chuck it in the compost bin, is it okay to leave the feathers in there? I did this yesterday, but now I'm having a worry about whether they're okay in the compost. Any ideas? Ignore me! I found an answer to my question elsewhere! In case anyone else is wondering, feathers are fine to compost (full of lovely nitrates), but they might take a while to fully decompose. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
green Posted November 23, 2010 Share Posted November 23, 2010 Thought so, but had to reply to say your avatar is ace. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...