emoss Posted February 16, 2011 Share Posted February 16, 2011 My little Quail -"Queenie" had a dried dropping on the feathers near her vent. I was carefully holding her over a bowl of warm water to dissolve it when I noticed this red ball of flesh appearing from the vent. I was shocked, I carefully dried her off and placed her back in her home. I left her to get over the ordeal of the bath - returning I noticed the lump had gone back in. Is this a life threatening illness or does this happen? Should I take her to an avian vet - can they do anything. I am really worried. Thanks emoss Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted February 22, 2011 Share Posted February 22, 2011 If it has popped back in and she is happy I wouldn't worry about it. She may have prolapsed a little after straining to lay and egg but if it has gone back there shouldn't be a problem. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
emoss Posted February 22, 2011 Author Share Posted February 22, 2011 Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I do appreciate it , but unfortunately, Queenie past away this afternoon. I think she must have had something going wrong in the first place to have a dirty vent. She passed an empty soft shell egg yesterday - whether that was the problem - who knows. Anyway, I shall be searching for a few young Quail now as they are adorable. Thank you once again. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted February 23, 2011 Share Posted February 23, 2011 Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that. There would not have been an awful lot that you could have done Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...