WitchHazel

Anyone here work for D&A/Boots Opticians?

I'm looking for some help in cracking the code on a pair of prescription sunglasses.

I had a voucher for 50% off prescription sunglasses, and I knew from a recent advert that prescription sunglasses were available at D&A for £79. So, today, I went to my local D&A to buy a pair, expecting to pay about £39 (half the £79).

My local D&A had maybe 5 pairs of glasses at £79, and a few more at £99. Because of my prescription, I was advised to go for plastic frames as these would disguise the thickness of the lens required by my right eye; I was also advised, for the same reason, to not go for frames which were very large. This (good advice) restricted the number of frames that I could try, so I soon found myself looking at the designer range.

Long story short, I found a pair which fitted well and suited my face shape. They didn't have a price on, and it turned out they were £189 (plus additional cost for the 1.67 lenses, which would have meant the cost was £328, less the £94.50 discount which my voucher would have given me). As the range overall was quite limited in the shop, I decided to see what else I could find as, even with the discount, I didn't really want to be spending that sort of money.

I did get the code of the glasses though, in case I changed my mind. I've tried searching for the code online, but I'm guessing that it's an D&A exclusive, or a discontinued pair. I've tried searching for other variations on the code, but nothing - nothing similar even - is coming up.

Reason for asking if anyone works for D&A is that I'd like to find out if it really is a D&A exclusive, or whether there is an alternative code I could be searching for to find them online.

If you're able to help, please PM me.

Thanks

Hazel