snailsandchickens Posted June 4, 2011 Share Posted June 4, 2011 Hello My fellow omlets, please help me! I have four chickens, I did have six but unfortunately two died one of which was part of a pair I had bought at a different time to my old girls, so as you can imagin the pecking order came into play. The good thing was that they were a pair so stood by each other but now I only have one of the pair left she is being picked on so bad she is not laying any more! I was wondering if I should buy another two to try and push her up the ranks a bit and hope she starts laying again she is a cream leg bar and a beautiful chicken and very tame I don't have the option of separating them as I only have one run and coop and advise welcome Thank you Rachael Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted June 4, 2011 Share Posted June 4, 2011 Buying more hens won't necessarily push her further up the ranking. In fact, if she is tending to be timid,, it may well have the opposite effect. Info here in managing intros. I'd consider carefully the size of the coop and run. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
snailsandchickens Posted June 4, 2011 Author Share Posted June 4, 2011 Good point it a bit like my coop and run is enough to hold about six large chickens very comfortably and at the moment I only have four so I could introduce two more comfortably as regards intros I introduced the new girls at night so they were all very calm but I think what I may do if I get more is section of the run they could still coop together but for the first few days/weeks maybe keep them separate? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...