Paola

More front than Harrods....

I was given an Eglu Classic for my birthday and got myself an Amber Star (Pixie) and a Colombian Black Tail (Cookie). Until now I have only ever kept Bantams. The new girls, well mostly Pixie is hilarious. As soon as you open the run door to let them free-range, Pixie hops out, pecks your feet and anything else on you that might be edible. She also loves to come in the kitchen :roll: She loves to follow you around the garden, a real people chicken! When its time to go back in the run I always throw some treats down. Cookie goes in no problem and pecks away at the treats but Pixie eyes up the tub of them in my hands! Little minx! They were a part of the family within days 8)

Our two new girls Lizzie and Jane are both real people chickens. We've had them 3 weeks now and whenever I'm in the garden with them they're never far away, and if I so much as turn towards the greenhouse (where the treat box is kept :wink: ) Jane follows right at my heels like a well-behaved dog! Lizzie has started laying in the last few days and she's so sweet - it's obviously a bit strange for her and she's been getting a little agitated as it gets near the time for laying, but she always wants to be close, practically touching me, and clucking away as if saying 'what's happening, you can make it better'. I've had to gently guide her over to the eglu and then she's happy to go into the nestbox. Then as soon as she's laid the egg she has to come and tell me! Our first two were much more independent, so it's lovely to have two that are more friendly.