rachel19

Thinking of re-homing

We've had our two lovely mini-lops Parsnip and Casserole for about 18 months now and do love them to bits. However, about 4 months ago we took the plunge to set up our own business. We're now working more or less 12 hours a day 6 days a week and feel like the poor bunnies are suffering because of it. They have a lovely hutch with run underneath and I let them out every morning to roam the garden - but with the days closing in this is now only for about half an hour before they have to go back in when we go to work. We get in late when its dark so only see them then to feed. I know they have each other for company and i put things in their run to try and keep them occupied but i now can't let them out as much as i'd like apart from on a Sunday and worry that if one of them were to get ill I wouldn't notice until it was too late. I do wonder if I found a good home for them whether it would just be better for them to have more human company and be let out more. What do you think? :(

Rather than rehoming, have you thought about having them as house rabbits? They'd be warm and dry and have each other for company during the day and then you can keep them company in the evenings.

I have a house-bunny and (as they are crepuscular) he tends to snooze most of the day and is only really active in the morning and evening anyway. :D

We had them indoors for a bit last winter when it got really cold but they hated it. We got a really big dog cage for them for when we weren't there and let them out to roam the house but either they wouldn't come out at all or they'd just hide under our coffee table, chew the rug and thump. We could try it again but OH isn't too keen as they seem intent on destroying the house when we've tried it in the past.