lillybettybabs Posted November 27, 2011 Share Posted November 27, 2011 Fran is just getting over a bad moult and impacted crop, i have also noticed that her comb has scabs on it and is starting to become pale. I have dusted them with diatomaceous earth and given the cube a good spray of Poultry shield and wormed. Any ideas what it could be? I think i have answered my own question after reading some posts about moult and dry pale combs. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted November 27, 2011 Share Posted November 27, 2011 I wouldn't worry about it too much. 2 of mine are moulting (why in Winter is beyond me!! ) with pale combs. During the winter & moult most hens will be off laying or laying less and have paler combs. As long as they are eating/drinking and you have a tonic/booster in their water like you are doing they will be fine. Come February they all spring into life again. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...