jeshen Posted December 13, 2011 Share Posted December 13, 2011 I have 2 1-year-old pekin sisters, Agnes and Ethel, who live happily together in an eglu classic with attached run, which is within a much larger run which they usually have access to. Next week I am getting 2 more pekin sisters who are 7 months old. My plan was to put them into an open brooder cage in a nearby greenhouse, where they would have their own food and water and could explore the greenhouse and outside and would be able to see the other hens through the run gate. After a week or so of familiarising, I thought I might try and introduce them into the eglu one night. Today my husband has suggested doing it the other way round - putting Agnes and Ethel into the greenhouse and putting the 2 new hens straight into the eglu. Which would be best? Any suggestions gratefully received as I'm new to chicken-keeping and haven't done introductions before! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...