Surfnirvana

Swollen Wattle on White Star

Polly my 18 month old White Star was feeling a little low last week, wasn't eating much and rather lethargic, but after feeding her some bokashi bran, yoghurt and garlic, she has really perked up & back to normal. However, I've noticed that since last week, she has also had a swollen right wattle under her beak. There is no other swelling around the eye or head. No obvious bite marks or cuts - it's just very swollen. :shock:

She is back to her normal self apart from not laying and this wattle problem. Any ideas? Has anyone else had this problem with their chooks? I was hoping it would go down, but it has just remained the same - hasn't got any worse or better. It is a more of a paler pink rather than red.

Would be grateful if you can give any advice.

Cheerrs :0)

If it hasn't gone down since last week, I think I would take her to the vet. There is obviously something going on, and it sounds as if it may be infected.

One of my girls was stung by something - or, at least, that is what the vet thought had happened - and one of her wattles swelled up. Antibiotics sorted it out.