MillyJude Posted July 23, 2012 Share Posted July 23, 2012 Hi, I need some advice please on housing. We have an omlet cube with threee 13 weeks pullets in it, but in two weeks time we are getting 6 ex-batts, which I figure I need to keep seperate, at least for a couple of weeks. We have room for two grazing area's, (i've got some omlet fencing on order to seperate it in half) and I have an old two storey rabbit hutch that I was hoping would do for temporary accomodation. (we have a 6 foot compound so no problem with predator proofing) But is a rabbit hutch ok ? Should I block off the netted front with plywood or take out the bed divider wall? Will they cope with a rabbit sized ramp ? Also should I move the three pullets into the hutch or put the ex batts in there ? Any advice appreciated, thanks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted July 23, 2012 Share Posted July 23, 2012 I think it would only be big enough for the pullets Block up the big wire door with wood leaving a couple of inches at the top for ventilation fill that larger side with bedding and add a perch lengthways if they use one use the smaller door as the pop hole and leave the divider in provided they can fit through it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...