KatesKlucks Posted August 17, 2012 Share Posted August 17, 2012 Hi all, one of my hens is actin strangely. Not sure if she is laying, egg bound or if it is something else. One of my Brown Rangers (she's meant to be 17 weeks now but she could be older, has been standing up with her eyes shut. Normal occurrence I know but she has her wing feathers spread out either side of he stomach. She walks a bit drunk like so she hasn't been walking much. I felt her quickly but as it is my first chicken doing this (none of the others have started laying yet), I probably didn't know where to feel. I did try blowing to see her vent but as a novice would probably need someone to feel for an egg while I hold her. I put her in the nest box about 7 last night and she's still in there now! Thanks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LottyJ1 Posted August 28, 2012 Share Posted August 28, 2012 What happened did she lay? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...