Old Speckled Hen

Quiet in here

My bees are still flying on sunny days but I can see that they have slowed down. I think they have had their fill of the ivy up the road (there's a long cycle path with ivy along most of it).I gave them thick syrup on the advice of my mentor to make sure the hives had plenty of stores. My mentor popped over last month and went through the hives to check everything was ok before winter and to give me my instructions on winter preparation.

I have just got to cut down some Celotex (kindly donated by a friend in the building trade) to insulate the hives and install it and they should be ready for winter. I have a stash of fondant just in case too.

Just got to prepare my shopping list for next years supplies...........and wait for the sales (then bribe the OH to build a heap of frames........I know I should do it but I really shouldn't be let loose with a hammer :lol: )

Hopefully I should get all three hives through the winter, I don't want a repeat of last winters disaster.