Olly

Fox coming in through cat flap

No, we're not borrowing a gun, we've 'borrowed' our neighbour's dog, a griffon, Romy.  She's done a circuit in the house and outside, she sussed out where the mum fox is living in the day and she's left her dog scent everywhere so let's hope that's the start of discouraging the fox cub and mum. 

6 minutes ago, Catrick said:

No, we're not borrowing a gun, we've 'borrowed' our neighbour's dog, a griffon, Romy.  She's done a circuit in the house and outside, she sussed out where the mum fox is living in the day and she's left her dog scent everywhere so let's hope that's the start of discouraging the fox cub and mum. 

Let me know how you get on, I would be interested as I also have a dog 

Edited by Millie-Annie

Romy, the dog, ( a griffon), her visit yesterday evening was a great success, no sign of fox cub all night, nowhere! The cats all look more relaxed and we've persuaded the going-blind old siamese mix cat into the studio bedroom/bathroom, with open window with protective grill on it, so he'll be safe until we know that foxes have moved on elsewhere. 

We may 'borrow' Romy one more time, but its a very successful way of discouraging foxes from moving in.  We kept Romy on a lead, she's very well behaved but she sniffs out foxes and wild boar and ignores cats so she's the ideal dog to do the job for us. She was rewarded with some of her favourite snacks.