Richard999

Rodents has bitten through wall of Cube

A rodent has enlarged one of the holes of the frame around the entrance and got into the cavity between and then gnawed through the inner wall to gain access to the inside of the henhouse. 

i thought Omlet henhouses were robust but this appears to be a design weakness. I’m planning to fibreglass over the outer hole. Has anyone got an alternative suggestion?

On 7/23/2022 at 2:27 PM, Richard999 said:

A rodent has enlarged one of the holes of the frame around the entrance and got into the cavity between and then gnawed through the inner wall to gain access to the inside of the henhouse. 

i thought Omlet henhouses were robust but this appears to be a design weakness. I’m planning to fibreglass over the outer hole. Has anyone got an alternative suggestion?

There is very little that can stand up against the teeth of rats. I have a second hand glass enclosure that has house all sorts before I got it and even the metal fixings on the inside have teeth marks.

You can make a wad out of small gauge wire like bird wire and stick that in the hole. But that won’t prevent them from having a go at the edges again.